Monday, January 21, 2008

Week 3 Welding!


Good news, bad news. First the good news: I can weld! It isn't pretty, but I can get two pieces of steel to stick together. Now the bad news, for safety reasons the girls did not help with the welding so no comments from them this week.

Last Friday I stopped at Le Painter Auto, which is owned by my friend Craig. His daughter, Sara, pictured above, is now managing the business and she asked one of her employees to teach me welding basics. Kia spent 30 minutes showing me how to set up a Mig welder and a couple of simple welds. On Saturday, Conrad, a guy I met through flying model airplanes, came over to help. He taught me more welding skills, how to make a template and helped patch the driver's side foot well. I was able to get both foot wells repaired before I ran out of gas. I have both trunk wells and a spot on the frame to finish next weekend.

Welding was fun. It is something I have wanted to learn how to do for a long time. Thanks Kia and Conrad.

No comments: